This year Animal Planet worked with 44 different animal shelters and organizations from across the US to fill the rosters for #TeamRuff and #TeamFluff with adoptable players for this epic matchup!
- Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl began in 2005. Last year 10 million viewers tuned in.
- This year's Puppy Bowl will feature 84 puppies ages 12 to 14 weeks from 44 different rescues around the country.
- Purebreds and mixed breeds are participating and in need of finding a loving forever home.
- Tune in on Sunday, February 7, 2016 from 3 - 5 PM to cheer for these pups!
Jill Rappaport is best known as a correspondent on NBC’s TODAY Show and Nightly News. Jill has also become the face of rescue and the voice for the voiceless for animals in need. She works tirelessly to make a difference by shining a light on shelters across America. Her work has garnered her countless coveted awards and she has transformed her passion into purpose in raising both awareness and funds for rescue and adoption.
- There is a misperception that you can't find what you want in a shelter but you can! Rescues have puppies, senior dogs, purebreds, etc. - anything you want.
- Shelter dogs are not damaged goods with issues. Very often they are more adaptable and more socialized than a dog you might get from a breeder.
- Finding these helpless animals forever homes is a 24/7 job. If you don't go into a shelter, the dogs won't get out.
Laurie Johnson from Florida Little Dog Rescue
- Laurie and her family have been involved in rescue work for many years.
- Casting for the Puppy Bowl begins several months before the show. 100's of dogs from across the country submit applications and audition to be part of the show.
- Animal Planet chooses puppies from across the country and of all different sizes and types.
- Laurie and her husband drive the pups from Florida to Connecticut where they spend several days at Dog Gone Smart where they spend time playing, training and swimming prior to going into NYC for filming. Very often clients of Dog Gone Smart adopt some of the pups.
Have Questions for Chris?
Take advantage of "Ask the Canine Master" where you can submit questions, videos and/or photos to Chris. He will do his very best to answer them for you. Become part of the show! Select questions will be answered during one of the upcoming broadcasts.