Canine Master Radio - Episode #14 LEASH WALKING How to Get your Dog to walk nicely on leash!
Teaching your dog to walk properly on leash is so important, it is a lifelong skill
By following a few simple steps, you CAN teach your dog to walk nicely
- It's All About the POSITION
When we walk our dogs BEHIND us we eliminate most of the Pains of Leash Walking
Listener Questions Answered (still time to ask your questions at "Ask the Canine Master" where you can post questions, videos and photos!)
Teaching Your Dog to Walk Behind You
Instead of you walking your dog, do you instead find yourself being walked by your dog?
The dog should take your lead, keep your pace and the leash walking should be on your terms
Dogs know instinctively to walk behind the leader
- HEEL is an unnatural position for dogs to walk in
- With a little know-how it is EASY to teach your dog to walk nicely
Have Questions for Chris?
Take advantage of "Ask the Canine Master" where you can submit questions, videos and/or photos to Chris. He will do his very best to answer them for you.
- Become part of the show! Select questions will be answered during the broadcast.
HOW do we teach our dogs to walk behind us and what TOOLS are BEST?
6 Foot Leather Leash
- Less Chafing
- Better Grip
- Breaks into your hand
- Soft leather lasts forever
Gentle Leader® Headcollar
- Reduces pulling on the leash
- Easy to fit and get dog used to wearing it
- Collar sits high on dog’s neck without putting pressure on the throat
- Nose loop gently redirects dog
- Comes with detailed instructions and a training DVD