Canine Master Radio - Episode #8 Are You Thinking About Getting a Pet For the Holidays? What You Need to Know BEFORE Adding 4 Paws to Your Family!
This time of year is a festive and happy one and always a popular time for people to consider getting a pet for their family
While the addition of a family dog can be a most wonderful experience, it can not be done without proper thought, consideration, and planning.
This show will discuss everything you need to know before deciding whether or not it's the right time to bring a pet into your family, and what kind of dog is best for you, for the holidays or for any time of year.
Dogs Are For Life - Not Just the Holidays!
Are you ready to add a dog to your family? If so, how to determine which kind is best for your family and how to prepare.
- Picking the right dog for you should take as much thought as finding the right life partner.
- Owning a pet is a responsibility worthy of its rewards, but the cost and time necessary must be evaluated before making that decision. You need to be invested for life and ready to teach your dog the rules that will set them up for success in your home.
- Are you prepared for the expense and time commitment a dog requires? Puppies do not come pre programmed and require lots of patience and training to teach them how to become good members of our families.
- What breed of dog is best for my family, ie large or small, high or low energy, short or long hair, etc.?
- Where should I go to get a puppy, ie shelter, breeder or pet store? What temperament is best for my family and how do I determine this?
- Remember that owning a dog is a lifelong commitment with a variety of responsibilities. If you cannot meet those responsibilities, neither you or your dog will be happy.
- If right for you, owning a dog is a wonderful thing and can enrich the life of your family. It’s truly the happiness your pet brings that makes everything worth it!
Have Questions for Chris?
Take advantage of "Ask the Canine Master" where you can submit questions, videos and/or photos to Chris. He will do his very best to answer them for you.
- Become part of the show! Select questions will be answered during the broadcast.
Solid Gold Tiny Tots
- Formulated with no wheat, corn and soy
- Made with real lamb, brown rice, oats, tapioca, cinnamon
- They are soft enough for puppies and older dogs
- Perfectly sized for smaller dogs
- Excellent as a training treat or just because
Nature's Miracle - Stain and Odor Remover
- Pet odors are neutralized and eliminated - not masked
- Natural enzymes attack stain and odor molecules
- Home and kennel areas stay cleaner, fresher smelling. Quickly eliminate pet stains and odor with a "free enzyme" system that attacks odor molecules. Natural, yet powerful, enzymes penetrate to remove stains and odor from your pet and/or his environment.
Choosing Your Puppy (PAT)
Volhard’s Puppy Aptitude Testing
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PUPPY FOR THE RIGHT HOME!
Getting a dog or puppy on impulse is rarely a good idea. Remember that dogs, like cars, were designed for a particular function. You need to decide what you want, a Corvette or a Suburban, a Fox Terrier or a Newfoundland.
When the various breeds were originally developed, there was a greater emphasis on the ability to do a job, such as herding, guarding, hunting, drafting, etc., than appearance. If a particular breed interests you, find out first what the dog was bred to do. There are so many different breeds to choose from and if there is a secret to getting that “perfect puppy”, it lies in doing your homework.