Canine Master Radio - Episode #7 Teach Your Dog to Come When Called
Teaching a dog to come is probably the most important command your dog will ever have to follow
It can actually save his life in certain situations
Common Techniques Used Are Totally Impractical and Rarely Work
By following a few simple steps, you can teach your dog a reliable recall
Listener Questions Answered (still time to ask your questions at "Ask the Canine Master" where you can post questions, videos and photos!)
Teaching a Reliable Recall
Do you find yourself calling your dog’s name only to have him look at you and take off in the other direction? If so, you are not alone.
- One of the most frequently asked questions by my clients
- The main reason dogs don't come willingly has to do with "Cause and Effect".
- Follow a few simple steps and make your dog addicted to coming when called
- Take advantage of a dog's natural instinct by using tones that create movement
- Play a "recall" game with your dog to properly imprint this
- If properly taught, coming when called will become 85% reliable
Have Questions for Chris?
Take advantage of "Ask the Canine Master" where you can sumit questions, videos and/or photos to Chris. He will do his very best to answer them for you.
- Become part of the show! Select questions will be answered during the broadcast.
Solid Gold Tiny Tots
- Formulated with no wheat, corn and soy
- Made with real lamb, brown rice, oats, tapioca, cinnamon
- They are soft enough for puppies and older dogs
- Perfectly sized for smaller dogs
- Excellent as a training treat or just because
Charlee Bear Dog Treats with a Healthy Purpose
- All natural treats in 4 flavors
- Only 3 calories per treat
- Made in the USA
- Pocket Perfect TM
- Reward Often
- Ideal for training or anytime fun rewards!